Photobucket
Freelancer XLR mod dev forum
April 18, 2024, 07:32:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your reading this ... you must be real bored. -Xar

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

XLR Development Diary

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: XLR Development Diary  (Read 12943 times)
Xarian_Prime
XLR Lead Dev - Keeper of the Dark
Administrator

« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2010, 09:40:12 am »

This will be the final Dev post on this forum  Wink

There is a new forum being setup for everything atm, link will be on frontpage
when it's running Smiley it'll make things alot easier.. trust me  Cool

I went trough everything the other night & moved everything that's being kept into workfolders
so i have a good idea now of what has been dropped & what we need more of.
95% of the cult sci-fi ships were the first to go.. leaving ships that will "fit" in a Freelancer Universe (mainly)
Same went for just about everything else, sound & some bases, Evolved ships were also cut but Asgard & Epsilon
remain. Basically, apart from the "resources" I've nabbed from the current XLR build.. im building a whole new (smaller..
but not too small) mod.. she'll have the same "feel" & grunt, addons and funky things galore.. just a more "Believable"
, & hopefully stable, world to play with it all in.

Factions will stay as well, this time with better planning (& correct IDS) obviously no trek/SW/B5.. ect, but
standard XLR player factions/clans will stand.. & get better coding overall.. not having to worry about things
like "does my enterprise look right?" .. & other mind numbing questions will give me time to actually be creative
again.. away from the restrains of cult sci-fi lore & actually focus on the why the universe is the way it is.

All this will no doubt take some time, first i have to X'ify the JFLP (lmao) meaning redo all that sweet extra vanilla
codebase/Hex crap again (turrets for one..) & get native freelancer feeling like XLR again (only stable) then i'll proceed
to (carefully & slowly) add back ships & extras, making sure to write some nice correct info's at the same time.
I'm planing about 12-15 systems, I got so sidetracked with other things before but have many better systems planed
out on paper.. just never got around to finishing them darn systems (lol) as there was just soo many...

So yeppers.. that's it for this tread.. been a whoot!  Cheesy
I'll pull out the "mass email spam machine" with the new forum addy when its ready
& also post the link in plain site on the frontpage.

-Xar.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: