Photobucket
Freelancer XLR mod dev forum
March 28, 2024, 08:03:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FFT & DVR leaders seen fighting over control of the void.. I guess this means the alliance is over?

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

ERROR REPORTING

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ERROR REPORTING  (Read 2776 times)
Xarian_Prime
XLR Lead Dev - Keeper of the Dark
Administrator

« on: February 17, 2010, 10:43:24 pm »

Please post any or all errors, CTD's & grievances below.. no matter how trivial it may seem  Wink

Oh.. except for wrong infocards..(lolz) im fully aware their not done yet & probably won't
be completed for a few months Tongue (use Adoxa's updated FLstat for info)

ye don't have to be uber detailed either as i'll go & check it personally after reading

So far we have..

California Minor is causing CTD's (client & server) on some transports docking
A very nasty DX problem (possibly .ale related)
A even nastier codec problem that should have vanished months ago
I had a CTD near LD14 the other day, maybe the same prob as Cali minor (transports again)
Still some bad fx coming from Battleship missiles (liberty)

I am working non stop on this..  Cool bugfixing is my #1 priority atm
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

SolCommand
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 02:29:58 pm »

Hehe takea break m8, there will always be bugs to terminate and time is on your side :p
Report Spam   Logged
VorteX
XLR Member

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 05:07:11 pm »

OK, set up a server with Beta final patch and 5 clients ( all fresh, no FLMM, done right)
and I'll pass on what I find and PM you server logs if warranted or wanted.
I've no interest in SP so won't have much info to aid that.
This is a mix of machines and a good all around test of various machine configs, however
all are modified XP, so Vista and 7 are another can of worms (MS style).

First, Nice job Xar and all. Alot of hard work since Alpha here...

Alright, to issues found.

One machine has pink textures, even Trent's cloths are pink, asteroids ships, etc.
Everything else is normal (LOL as if XLR is normal)
Driver's, DX9c re, FL and XLR installs don't fix. Could STILL be machine but have seen before
with DX and Bloom in mods, so ignore or advise as such. If I find what's what here I'll pass it on.

UPDATE
This turned out to be an issue with Asus GFX card where the card only works
with Asus or Nvida drivers up to a certain release. I HATE this as I usually
paid more for the stinking card than some off brand. So a small number of
folks may have the required card but can't get the newer driver support....
yada yada, replaced with an ATI and doing fine

Britonia Battle Station, Gateway. Select Orion Fighter, crash to desktop. Repeatable. Prolly a HP call
or your lovely "unknown info" flag. Might look into it if I get some time.

So for the first hour, Looks good

« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 07:19:43 pm by VorteX » Report Spam   Logged
VorteX
XLR Member

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 05:04:15 pm »

Aussie/ Tassie
H Fuel Tanker, select ship and lockup

Melbourne
Hauler, select ship, lockup

repeatable

Some nice stuff Xarian, like the feel
Report Spam   Logged
Xarian_Prime
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 09:05:47 pm »

Thanks VorteX Wink

I'll be getting back into this mod in the next few days & addressing many problems 1st before i
move back into model conversions & those "planned" NPC overhauls.

Yeah.. come across that Driver issue myself with both stalker & fallout3, royal pain in the GFX card 'eh
seems certain drivers don't play well with the alpha channel textures in fx & such (transparency mainly)

also.. may be relevant to XLR.. maybee not.. I've kicked Photoshop out the door for Gimp to work with .dds now..
PS wasn't saving the alpha channel correctly, something i found when working on stalker a few weeks back.. now i use Gimp for just
about everything.. & will be re-mat'ing a fair few ships again that i suspect are throwing up DX errors in the logs.

Thanks for taking a look m8.. hope you and Lady V are enjoying the chaos i've coded lol  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

VorteX
XLR Member

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 05:10:02 pm »

Didn't know that about PS....that's going to hurt on some work
we've been doing. I'll pass that along, thanx

I've a problem on my individual machine that only shows sometimes
on others, that being crash to desktop on undock. Happens to
this machine 95% but can't repeat on the others. Eyeballing the machine
but thought I'd mention it JIC someone else has this happen. Let ya know
what I find or if I find.
Also been running "as DLed" and no server operator. How is you Multi player
testing set up? PM if there's something I should change.

LadyV loves exploring and getting into jams...and she's so gentile most the time, lol.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolfie
Narrowsighted, Insufficently Intelligent, Retarded EVE-maniac.
Administrator

I'm not crazy, I got papers!

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 07:13:12 am »

Thanks VorteX Wink

I'll be getting back into this mod in the next few days & addressing many problems 1st before i
move back into model conversions & those "planned" NPC overhauls.

Yeah.. come across that Driver issue myself with both stalker & fallout3, royal pain in the GFX card 'eh
seems certain drivers don't play well with the alpha channel textures in fx & such (transparency mainly)

also.. may be relevant to XLR.. maybee not.. I've kicked Photoshop out the door for Gimp to work with .dds now..
PS wasn't saving the alpha channel correctly, something i found when working on stalker a few weeks back.. now i use Gimp for just
about everything.. & will be re-mat'ing a fair few ships again that i suspect are throwing up DX errors in the logs.

Thanks for taking a look m8.. hope you and Lady V are enjoying the chaos i've coded lol  Grin

The ENBSeries error i encountered could be caused by this, as all other stuff i tried with it worked correctly.
Report Spam   Logged

Oscar Mike Foxtrot Golf
Xarian_Prime
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 07:05:12 am »

Over the course of the past few months modding some more recent games, I've found out
a lot about codecs & drivers.. not to mention .Net overrides (that some games install.. bad fallout3.. bad  Tongue )

I even got so curious as to run Vanilla Freelancer.. with and without ENB and check the logs, seems some of
the errors i thought were caused by XLR's addons are existent without the presence of the mod, on my PC at least..
Now keeping in mind im a Vista Home Premium user.. & that makes my system "natively" DX10.. still 32 bit (yay) Even my GFX card
is DX10 ready... & FL is DX8.. so some cross DX errors will show with most DX7-8 games. (i get errors in Doom3 & JKA console logs as well about outdated DX runtimes.. ect running on newer .dll's) Freelancer's "correct" drivers & codecs.. are now so old its not funy.. & most break a newer app in some way. A tip i found from Fallout3.. Klite codec pack (full install) its made a few apps run better just by switching the codecs around per app.. nice proggy, and gives full control over what uses what codec (some prior knowledge of what they actually mean & do helps though! )

Now.. onto this texture problem i've seen elsewhere.. a brief, PS works with .dds as we all know.. but have you ever tried to use layers & preserve the alpha of what your merging down... fail! I learnt this by altering the Icon map in Stalker (its one big .dds with all the icon gridded out) It would "look" like it was working fine.. but after saving my work and looking at in in various viewers.. the problem was most apparent.. it seriously screwed up the alpha channel making most of my merges a mess.. generally saving half.. but not all of the alpha channel.. i had a big black/white stripey mess where there should have been blank space..
Solution.. easy.. i switched to Gimp for the main heavy work.. still use Paint.Net for light stuff (glow & hue mainly).. then save the proper "mipped" .dds via GIMP. Problem solved for stalker.. Still looking at where Freelancer can benifit from the whole experience.. lately there have been stirrings of bumpmaps & we all know about glowy alpha textures.. both are my exact "wants" for Freelancer in the way of what a ship or station should look like when it's "finished" (i know it can do it.. why settle for less?)

Oh.. and for LAN i normally use Ioncross m8 with shell.. but lately i haven't even been doing that just plain FLserver & the new hook as its just me lol & im normally just testing a hook feature.. I never got Biocross to work on my PC.. sadly  Undecided

Something just clicked.. Them lockups on ship purchases/viewing... Im noticing a trend.. switching from one class to another.. ie: Fighter-Elite, Fighter-Trader.. Fighter-Fighter & Trader-Trader seems oki & would explain why i haven't seen much of this bug.. as i normally stick to a class when testing.. the shipclasses where changed recently both via .dll addon (adoxa) & some coding from my end.. but im yet to finish the whole shiparch.ini .. maybe the game's engine is getting mega confused on whats what.. as with most of the CTD's ive seen i checked the loadout & goods.. markets, and have found nothing obvious to flag such behavior.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: