BannerFans.com
Rimfire 1876
March 29, 2024, 04:51:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Welcome to Rimfire Nevada . . . . We are on hiates until October 2013. Hope to see you then. Messages can be left in the Town Hall.

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Members Login Register  

A Reckoning

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Reckoning  (Read 1966 times)
George Barlow
Settling In

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 3
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2013, 11:55:13 am »

"I've Sirupsnitters...like gingersnaps, and Goro..." she indicated square waffle-like crisps with elaborate patterns embossed in them.  "I don't have pie today, but if you tell me what sort your brother likes, I can make some." 

"Gingersnaps...had those once," George was certainly tempted as he fished in his pocket, he didn't have much money though - not in their line of work.

"How many can I get for ...." he looked in his hand...."twenty cents?"

"As for the pie, we love most any kind. Apple's good, had cherry once, but doubt you have any cherries around here," George mused.
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Steadman
Permanent Resident

View Profile
10 Posts
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2013, 11:23:52 pm »

Barlow Place

"Oh, twenty cents is fine."  Kari smiled, reaching for half a dozen each of the cookies and a loaf of bread.  "Ten cents for this and you can save the rest for your pie tomorrow, how does that sound?"  Her profits weren't going to be great at this point, but once she established herself, this just might work out for her!

TAG
GEORGE
Report Spam   Logged

Elena Petrovitch
Settling In

View Profile
Linux User
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2013, 10:27:34 pm »

"Thank you Ma'am."  Elena said with a quick smile, hoping that her disappointment at both not finding a job or seeing the young shepherd from the day before was noticeable.  "I've some money, but I fear it's not enough."  She said softly, smoothing down her dress with nervous fingers.  She'd slipped out without breakfast and was definately hungry, but she felt bad for accepting anything else from Sarah, even a freely offered meal.

Tag Sarah
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Steadman
Permanent Resident

View Profile
10 Posts
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2013, 05:29:54 pm »

"Oh, don't worry about it."  Sarah smiled and shrugged.  "If we can't help out each other, than what good are we?  Besides, I know you'll repay it in someway when the time is right!"  She hooked her arm congenially into the girl's as they strolled toward the cafe.  "I have a meeting today with someone from the school board...maybe you can help me get the room set up later?"  After all, she had no idea what shape the class was in.

TAG
ELENA
ANY
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: